Requirements for the publication of articles in the "El Ágora" journal at Saint Bonaventure University
- Requirements for the sending of articles
- The articles which are sent to the El Ágora U.S.B. Journal at Saint Bonaventure University must comply with the APA style guidelines.
- The articles which are proposed for publication in the El Ágora U.S.B. Journal, must be original and they must not been previously published in any version and they cannot be simultaneously proposed for publication in another journal (please download the letters to be signed and attach the proposed article at: http://www.usbmed.edu.co/unidades/bioetica/publicacion.html)
- Likewise, it is required that the authors grant the property of their copyright, in order for their article and the materials can be reproduced, published, edited, fixed, communicated, and broadcast, publically in any form or means, as well as their distribution in the number of issues, as required and their public communication, in every modality through electronic, optic means, and of any other piece of technology, for scientific and cultural purposes, of broadcasting and nonprofit making. (please download the letters to be signed and attach the proposed article at: http://www.usbmed.edu.co/unidades/bioetica/publicacion.html).
- The articles must be sent in Word, Times New Roman or Courier, 12. The length of the article must be no longer than 20 pages, full page; via e-mail to formación.firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and/or a full page print copy, which should be clear enough and with sufficient bibliographical support. Each article must keep the following outline:
Title, - subtitle (if necessary)
Type of article
Author's names and corresponding degrees
Abstract (10 to 15 lines)
An item with expressions and key words ( 5 to 8 terms)
Introduction and development
Tacit or explicit conclusions
- At the end of the article, each author must send a brief curriculum vitae, the way he or she wants to be published.
- Bear in mind that your name as an author, will appear in the corresponding publication as it appears in the original paper he or she hands in to the Journal Coordination.
- Graphs, photographs, and illustrations must original, if they must be used. For a better printout, if they are taken from a text or Web Page, the source must be given. In case they are to be scanned, please save them on a CD or send them via e-mail. If it is the author himself or herself who suggests the possible supporting images, he himself or she herself will assure the plain achievement of the objective of the writing.
- Neither the University nor the Editorial Committee can be engaged in the opinions stated in the authors' articles. Each and every author is held responsible for his or her points of view and opinions.
- The Editorial Committee's job is to check every article, and if necessary, suggest some modifications. Likewise, it can reject those articles which do not comply with the requirement demanded.
- The submitted articles should be preferably, results or advances of research attached to Colciencias and/or Research Offices of the University or Institutions of origin, or failing that, they must be articles as a product of research processes, with a serious and grounded academic content, which correspond to the typology of articles explained earlier.
Types of articles which are published in this journal
The Editorial Committee has defined these types of articles for publishing:
The documents published by the El Agora Journal will correspond to the typology of articles defined by Colciencias, as follows:
- Scientific and technological research article. It presents original results of finished research projects. It must include an introduction, a methodology, results, and conclusions.
- Article of a reflection. It presents results of a finished piece of research, from the author's analytical, interpretive, or critical perspective about a specific issue, using original sources.
- Article review. It is a document which is the result of a finished piece of research, where the results of published or unpublished research, about a field in science or technology, in order to show the results of advances and tendencies in development. It is characterized by including a careful bibliographical review of at least 50 references.