Scope and policy
The author wishing to submit articles for consideration by the Editorial Board of Eleuthera Journal shall:
1. The Journal publishes original research articles in some of the following areas: human development, democracy and citizenship, diversity and social justice, approaches in social work: research and professional practice, according to the following typology: profesional, de acuerdo a la siguiente tipología:
Research articles. Research articles include papers resulting from original research or documented processes in the areas of human and social development. The structure of the article is as follows: introduction, theoretical and conceptual referents, methodology, results, discussion, conclusions and references.
Review articles. Review articles are characterized by presenting a careful bibliographical review of at least 50 references. Authors should argue, substantiate or dispute the information contained in the review. In addition, they will make a critical contribution on the strengths, weaknesses and possibilities of investigation of the proposed subject. The writing should indicate the period that includes the work and be exhaustive in relation to the stated objective which must be precise and be included at the beginning of the article. It must also report the number of papers considered and the databases and sources consulted. These articles include introduction, discussion, conclusions and references.
Reflection Papers. Reflection papers present results of finished research from an analytical, interpretative or critical perspective of the author on some of the objects of study of the Journal. These articles should be exhaustive in terms of analysis and presentation of the arguments to support their conclusions. These articles include introduction, discussion, conclusions and references, as well as being supported by original sources.
For decision of the Eleuthera Journal Editorial Committee other types of articles could be submitted for publication such as letters to the editor, interviews, reviews, as well as reproductions and translations of other works or articles previously published in other academic medium or scientific journals. For this purpose, the sources and origin of the original text must be clearly indicated as well as the respective permissions for publication.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
2. The article must be in Word format, typed in a space and a half, Arial font, size 12. It should also include: article title, author (s) and contact address (email and postal address). It is essential to indicate which author will be responsible for receiving and sending the correspondence or, otherwise, it will be assumed that the first author will take over this function. Within the article, the central data of the author or authors must be specified, which should include: schooling, institutional affiliation, city, state or department, country and electronic (institutional) mail. All authors must obtain and submit the ORCID enrollment number (http://orcid.org/) and the access link to their Google Scholar profile (https://scholar.google.com/).
3. The remittance of the article must be accompanied by the resume of each of the authors (see format on the Web) and the copyright release form signed by all authors (see format on the Web).
4. The article must be written in a maximum extension of 8000 words which must be preceded by a brief abstract (objectives, methodology, results and conclusions) of the work in both, Spanish and English not exceeding 150 words. Immediately after this abstract, four to six key words must be included to identify the main issues under discussion.
5. Write reviews and book reviews with a maximum length of 4000 words which must be preceded by the names, surnames and profession of the person making the review or book review, as well as complete bibliographical data (author's name and surname, full title of the book, edition number, place of publication, publisher, year of publication).
6. Submit graphs, maps and photographs in a minimum resolution of 266 dpi in jpg or gif format. The article annexes must go next to the tables indicating where they will be inserted in the text. All these resources must be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals and indicate clearly the corresponding source(s). Only horizontal lines should be used in the tables following the APA sixth edition standard format.
7. Cite less than 40 words bibliographical sources within the text as follows: (author, year, and page). Example: (Muñoz, 1996, p. 30). Citations having more than 40 words are written aside from the text, indented, unquoted and without using italics. At the end of the citation the period must be placed before the data -remember that for citations less than 40 words the period goes after.
8. Footnotes, numbered sequentially, will be used only for clarification, comments, discussions and references by the author and should go in the corresponding page to facilitate the reader following of the text.
9. References are made based on APA norms, Sixth Edition. Remember that all must have hanging indentation as follows:
Last name, Author's name initials. (Year). Title of the book. Publication place: Publishing house.
Carballeda, A. (2008). La intervención en lo social. Exclusión e integración en los nuevos escenarios sociales. Buenos Aires, Argentina: Editorial Paidós.
Book with an Editor:
Last Name, Author's name initials (Ed). (Year). Title of book. City, country: Publishing house.
Mendoza, D. (Ed.). (2004). Historia, género y familia en Iberoamérica (siglos XVI-XX). Caracas, Venezuela: Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Fundación Konrad Adenauer.
Last name, Author's name initials. (Year). Chapter Title. Initials of the editor or Publisher name. Last name, Author's name initials. (Ed) or (Comp), Title of the book (pp. xxxx). Place of Publication: Publishing house.
Franco, N., Nieto, P. y Rincón, O. (2010). Las narrativas como memoria, conocimiento, goce e identidad. En N. Franco, P. Nieto y O. Rincón (Ed.), Tácticas y estrategias para contar. Historias de la gente sobre conflicto y reconciliación en Colombia (pp. 97-139). Bogotá, Colombia: Fundación Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung en Colombia –FESCOL–.
Last name, Author's name initials. (Year). Article Title. Name of Journal, volume(number), pp-pp.
Martínez, F. (2013). Las prácticas artísticas en la construcción de memoria sobre la violencia y el conflicto. Revista Eleuthera, 9(1), 39-58.
Article with DOI:
Last name, Author's name initials. (Year). Title of Article. Name of Journal, volume(number), pp-pp. doi: xx.xxxxxxx.
Brewer, M. and Tolbert, R. (2014). Neighborhood context and immigrant children's physical activity. Social Science & Medicine, 116, 1-9. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2014.06.022.
Last name, Author's name initials (Date). Title of Article. Name of Newspaper pp-pp.
Martínez, L. (8 de diciembre de 2002). Cuando el trópico llegó a Estocolmo. El Tiempo, 2-2.
Graduate or Undergraduate Thesis:
Last name, Author's name initials (Year). Title of Thesis (Undergraduate, Master's or Doctoral Thesis). Name of Educational Institution, place.
Álamos, F. (1992). Maltrato infantil en la familia: tratamiento y prevención (tesis de pregrado). Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
Last name, Author's name initials (Year). Title of Article. Taken from (URL).
Biglan, A. and Smolkowski, K. (15 de enero). The role of the community psychologist in the 21st century. Recuperado de http://journals.apa.org/prevention/volume5/pre0050002a.html.
Authors: the surnames (separated by a hyphen) and the names of all authors should appear. For each one of them by footnote, the maximum academic title achieved, the institutional affiliation, the city (state or department), the country, institutional email, the ORCID code and the profile link must be placed. Google Scholar. Take into account that the first author will be who will be registered in the databases of the different indexing and summary services. It is essential to indicate which author will be in charge of receiving and sending the correspondence, or otherwise it will be assumed that the first author will take over this function.
Sending of manuscripts
Send the article to the journal e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License
|© 2019||Universidad de Caldas|
Address: carrera 23 # 58-65
170002 Manizales Colombia
Tel.: 57 (6) 8781500 Ext. 21113