Scope and policy
Justice circulates in a biannual way since 1987 in printed edition, and from 2008 in electronic format, this one publishes scientific articles, reflection articles and review articles based on the studies realized by scientists of groups of national and international investigation/research in different areas of the Law.
It allows the knowledge interrelationship of the Social and Legal Sciences by the academy and the controlling agencies belonging to the Latin-American agencies with world projection.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
Justice publishes original articles which authors belonging to groups of investigation/research on the Legal area, and generally they are result of investigations/researches, studies of case, articles of reflection, methodological ones, article’s review and reviews, conferences and interviews, as also results of students’ project researches in their last semester in their Law program.
The presentation of every article is submitted to evaluation by a committee of internal and external expertise and to a Publishing and Scientific Committee that will give fulfillment to a series of conditions. All the publication’s rights belong to the University Simon Bolivar, on the responsibility of the publisher.
Justice is published biannually in format 21,4 x 28 cm, with a free edition of 500 copies fulfilled to the legal warehouse established in the 460 Decree of 16th march, 1995.
I) ARTICLE OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL RESEARCH. TYPE ONE (document that presents, in a detailed way, the original results of research projects).
II) ARTICLE OF REFLECTION. TYPE TWO (document that presents research results from an analytical, interpretive or critical author’s perspective on a specific topic, using original sources).
III) ARTICLE OF REVIEW. TYPE THREE (a research results document where it is analyzed systematized and integrated the results of published or not published investigations/researches, on a field in science or technology, in order to realize the advances and the development trends. It is characterized by a careful bibliographical review of at least 50 references).
IV) OTHER DOCUMENTS INSIDE COLCIENCIAS’ PUBLINDEX TYPOLOGY
1. Short article: A brief Document that presents the original preliminary or partial results of scientific or technological investigation/research, which in general needs a prompt diffusion.
2. A Case Report: Document that presents the results of a study on a particular situation in order to announce the technical and methodological experiences considered in a specific case. It includes a systematic literature commented review on analogous cases.
3. Topic/issue Review: A document that contains the results of a critical review of the literature on a certain topic/issue.
4. Publisher Letters: A critical, analytical or interpretive position on the documents published in the magazine scientific journal that by the Editorial Committee opinion it is needed a discussion of the topic by the reference scientific community.
5. Publishing house: Document written by the publisher, a member of the publishing committee or an invited researcher about orientations in the domain thematic of the scientific journal.
6. Translation: Translations of classic texts or current ones, transcription of historical documents or the ones of particular interest in the scientific journal publication domain/issues.
7. Reflection Articles that were not originated by researching.
8. Bibliography review.
V) OTHER ADDITIONAL PROCEDURE THAT COMPLEMENT THE PREVIOUS ONES
1. Title: The title of the article must be written in capital letter and it will not have to overcome 15 words. Likewise, the author will have to do a foot of page where indicates the project of investigation/research from which is the basis for the article, as well as the group, center or other of investigation/research, and the correspondent institution who finances the project or supports it.
2. The author: After writing their names and complete surnames, the author must indicate with footnote the level of academic formation obtained and the institution who did so, the group, center or other of investigation/researcher to which it belongs with the respective institution and the electronic institutional direction or in its fault, the personal e-mail.
3. Abstract: It must be structured well, must be concise and synthetic with the realized work and must not have more than 150 words.
4. Key words: Maximum of 6 key words, they are a brief idea on the content of the article and a reflection of the abstract. They must be ordered alphabetically.
5. Resúmen: Is the literal Spanish translation to the English abstract.
6. Number of pages and letter: The article will be able to have a maximum extension of 35 pages and a minim of 15 pages without including abstract, either key words or the latter references. It must be presented in Word, letter Arial 12, 1,5 space; in A4 size letter.
7. Palabras clave: Maximum of 6 key words in Spanish; they are a brief idea on the content of the article and a reflection of the abstract. They must be ordered alphabetically.
8. Procedure APA and References: The articles of investigation/Research Type 1, 2 and 3 must have a certain rigor in the text appointments and in the references agreed to the national and international procedure American Association of Psychology (APA).
Appointments of several authors
References of chapter of book
References of articles of scientific journals
References of Internet articles
References of newspaper
References of encyclopedias
References of judgments of Courts or high Parliament
As mentioning to the Supreme Court of Justice
As mentioning to the Council of State
References of other procedure of the juridical system
As mentioning Decrees
VI) PROCESS OF ARBITRATION OF ARTICLES
All the articles will be checked in an anonymous way, following a double blind procedure; nevertheless, the authors will be able to suggest up to 3 possible experts who should consider suitable to evaluate it, indicating clearly their e-mail. Such a suitability would imply in (them/experts) having a profile similar to the rest of the scientific journal experts, for example: not to have the same institutional affiliation of the authors, to have title of master or PhD., to be an investigator/researcher that academically and professionally demonstrates high-level publications, to be expert in the subject matter approached in the article, and others. The selection of these experts will be reviewed and or approved by the Publishing Committee of the Justicia Scientific Journal.
The authors will have to answer to the Justicia Scientific Journal for the suggestions or modifications that the experts should propose to the articles in a deadline no more than 15 days after its notification. Simultaneously, the Publishing Committee will save itself the right to introduce the formal necessary modifications to adapt the text to the procedure of the Publication, but it does not implies in altering the contents of the articles, which are the only responsibility of the authors.
Publication ethics and publication malpractice statement
Justice journal, represented by the publisher with its different scientific and publishing house committees, in order to strengthen scientific research, the publishing qualities, and internationalization, must guarantee the reception and publication of unpublished documents, after complying with the admissibility criteria and legal intellectual property and copyright parameters based on institutional regulations.
The publisher, work team, members of the committees, and the group of arbitrators should responsibly assume the review, correction, monitoring, postponement and rejection of the articles, in the terms and stipulated dates for such purposes, and inform about the condition with the intention of preserving the information, respecting the confidentiality, and tending credibility, reliability in the realized work. Likewise, they establish the regulation standards in case of possible conflicts related to arbitrators´ entitlement and responsibility in the selection process of published information.
With regard to the responsibility of the authors, they must give a completed form, in which the transfer of rights grants the free assent and originality about the given information and its authorship, unpublished in the document, with respect to the references and contained subpoenas, the thought and convergent or divergent positions of the authors, included in the document. Likewise, the author must inform if other research products have been derived from the document sent for publication, or if it retains new paragraphs, fragments, enunciated or developed theories of partial or conclusive form from other texts.
The author must check the final document in print or digital form, to avoid the interposition of later judicial actions that divert the normal course of the publication and affect the good image, name, and recognition of the journal, its team and the accreditation of those who publish its articles and dissertations.
Sending of manuscripts
WHERE TO SEND THE ARTICLES
The articles must be sent by a physical way or by an electronic direction.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License
Universidad Simón Bolívar
Carrera 54 # 58-28
Teléfono: (57) (5) 3444333, Ext. 200-205
Barranquilla, Atlántico, Colombia