Scope and policy
REVISTA COLOMBIANA DE CIENCIAS PECUARIAS
The Colombian Journal of Livestock Sciences (Revista Colombiana de Ciencias Pecuarias) is a publication devoted to the disclosure of scientific information related to Veterinary Medicine and Zootechnical matters, as well as to related aspects of these two disciplines, from professional and union perspectives. It is directed mainly to Veterinary Doctors, Zootechnical Specialists, and professionals of the agrarian areas and the scientific community.
The Colombian Journal of Livestock Sciences (Revista Colombiana de Ciencias Pecuarias) was founded in 1978 by the School of Veterinary and Zootechny of Antioquia (COLVEZA). In the past the “Revista Colveza” and the “Boletín Científico” were published. At present, and since 1999, our Journal is a publication of the Faculty of Agrarian Sciences of the University of Antioquia (Universidad de Antioquia).
Our Journal has the following sections:
1. Original Articles, which includes scientific and technological information that is the result of original research.
Form and preparation of manuscripts
Submission of the manuscripts:
Work that is sent in has to be unpublished and the author(s) must acknowledge that the contents have not been nor will be sent for publication in another Journal, while the evaluation process is taking place. For this effect the authors must fill in the form “Agreement of the authors of the article” that is found at the end of each number of our Journal. This is a mandatory requirement to receive, consider and evaluate new material. The work has to be in either Spanish o English. The manuscript must be typed in bond type of paper (8,5 x 11,5’), with double spacing, in Arial type of letter at size 12 (characters per inch). All pages must be numbered and the number should appear in the upper right hand corner. Every scientific or academic concept must have a quote that indicates to the reader that she/he should consult the end of the work for the complete reference. This will be done, indicating between parentheses the corresponding number in the end notes (without quoting authors nor date of publication in the parenthesis – these will only be included in the end note). In case you quote other authors whose results coincide or contrast to those presented in your paper, the last name of both the first and the second author must be used, or if there are more than two authors, the last name of the first will be employed plus the expression “et al”. In both cases the number of the corresponding reference must be quoted in parenthesis.
The way to present the work depends on the section it belongs to, as described in the following explanation (and submitting also to the Vancouver rules).
1. Title. It must be centered, in boldface and should not exceed 25 words. Capital letters should be used only in an initial letter of a word or in a proper name. Scientific names will be written in italics, they must be capitalized in the initial letter of genera and have lower case letter in the initial of the species (e.g. Bos indicus, Escherichia coli, Brucella abortus).
Reviews of literature and Essays.
When the original article is a critical review of the literature, the rules just mentioned will be followed, except for Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion; in their place titles and subtitles related to the theme under review will be used. The authors must support, discuss or challenge the info which is reviewed. Besides, critical appreciation of strengths, weaknesses and opportunities of research of the theme are expected.
The pieces for this section will adjust to the indications for the submission of original articles. If the objective is a Research Project, the content must be clearly established with clear objectives, in accordance with the hypothesis and the proposed methodology. If it is a case of Journal clubs, seminars, conferences or other, the indications mentioned before apply.
Articles classified under this heading must have: brief abstract, introduction, evaluation of the patient (anamnesis, findings of the clinical exam, diagnosis aids) focus of the treatment, discussion and conclusion. The rules that apply to original articles apply here as well.
News/ Points of View.
Authors will be free to use the grammatical style they deem appropriate, as long as the editorial aspects adjust to the indications that have been given.
The length of submissions must not exceed
Authors must include the exact address of the Institution they belong to and the electronic mail address of the main author, through which communication will be established during the whole evaluation process. Once the copy is received, the article will be evaluated and it will be returned in case it does not satisfy our requirements. Then it will be sent to our evaluators who will recommend or reject its acceptance.
As soon as the manuscript has been approved for publication by our Editorial Committee, it will be included in the Journal according to the availability of space. As a special exception, the article can be included in a number devoted to a specific topic to which the specific work belongs. The final version of your work will be received in printed form and in recordable 3½ floppy disk.
Costs of Publication
We have stipulated a tariff per printed page, for each individual article. The said tariff depends on it being a text page or a color page.
Rights of printing and copying (copyright).The authors enable the Colombian Journal of Livestock Sciences (Revista Colombiana de Ciencias Pecuarias) to reprint the material published in it. In case an author wants to translate or use a partial or complete publication of our Journal, the author must have written permission from the Director of the Journal. Nor the Faculty of Agrarian Sciences, nor the Journal, are responsable for the concepts in the published articles, and complete responsability befalls on the author.
Sending of manuscripts
Author’s agreement form
2. That the text that was sent has been carefully read by the authors and they are willing to be held responsible for all the concepts and info included in the material submitted for consideration. Nor the Faculty of Livestock Sciences, nor the Magazine are to be held responsible for the concepts included in published articles, only the direct authors will be.
3. That they acquire a compromise to attend the indications, suggestions and corrections sent to them by our Selection Team and Evaluators if the material has been accepted to be published in our magazine.
4. That they are willing to enable the re-edition of the published material in the Magazine of Livestock Sciences or of any quote from it as long as the respective credit is given. For the duplication of the material included in our magazine or its partial or total edition in another language, a written authorization must be given by the Director of the magazine.
5. That they are the only intellectual and responsible authors of the said article.
6. That they were informed about the fact that our magazine is not to be the arbitrator in conflicts or disagreements related to the authorship of the article.7. That they are aware that the revision process and the selection process of the material that is submitted can take several months and that the initial reception does not necessarily imply an automatic publication of the material
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial Board] [Subscription]
|© 2007||Centro de Investigaciones Agrarias - Facultad de Ciencias Agrarias|
Carrera 75 Numero 65-87 of 6-225
University of Antioquia
Apartado Aéreo 1226 Medellín-Colombia
Tel.: (04) 219 91 00
Fax: (04) 219 91 04