SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.12 issue2Coronary artery aneurysm author indexsubject indexarticles search
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links


Revista Colombiana de Cardiología

Print version ISSN 0120-5633


HAMDAN, Nabil et al. Thrombus in the thoracic ascending aorta as a cause of myocardial infarction in a young patient. Rev. Col. Cardiol. [online]. 2005, vol.12, n.2, pp.88-92. ISSN 0120-5633.

Myocardial infarction in a young adult (less than 45 years old) has an incidence of 2% to 6% from the total of infarcts. The main etiological associated factor is atherosclerosis in up to 80% of the cases, being the remaining 20% far less common factors (1). We describe the clinical case of a young patient who presented a myocardial infarction with ST-T high underlevel due to thromboembolism to the left coronary trunk, from a thrombus localized in the ascendant thoracic aorta and to whom a surgical thrombectomy was performed.

Keywords : myocardial infarction; embolectomy; Fogarthy.

        · abstract in Spanish     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )


Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License