Revista MVZ Córdoba
Print version ISSN 0122-0268
Objetive. Characterization of microbial diversity and microbiological quality and hygienic sanitary evaluation of different brands of cooked pork ham stunned naturally and not stunned set in several supermarkets of Bogotá D.C. Materials and methods. Were analyzed 10 brands of cooked pork ham during 45 days, refreshed in fridge low the same conditions of the consumer, from three different supermarkets. Recounts in plate of important microorganism in the industry of food and of innocuousness were done to sample with or without blown pack and the isolated strains were identified by biochemical tests and molecular biology (PCR) to determine microbial diversity present of the samples and also food-borne-pathogens. Additionally biofilm formation by strains isolated from surfaces in a food industry was tested. Results. 139 strains were isolated from finished product, which 99% (137 strains) belong are classified into lactic acid bacteria group (LAB), the remaining 1% corresponding to yeasts. From 31 strains isolated from surfaces in the sliced zone, 97% (30 strains) presented biofilm formation. Food-borne pathogens were not isolated from finished product or environmental samples. Conclusions. The spoilage caused for blown pack was associated with presence of LAB, due the fact they were isolated from collected samples in the sliced zone and finished product, of this one only LAB were isolated specially Lactobacillus sp.
Keywords : Acid lactic bacteria; pack spoilage; cooked ham; biofilms.